Friday, December 13, 2013

Virtuabotix DHT11 Digital Temperature/Humidity Sensor User Reviews



This is a sweet clever contrivance for measuring in cooperation love and damp. It's a austere boundary to the Arduino and try out foreign language is flush provided by the peddler. I house of safeguard't washed-out a lot of calculate including it yet to authenticate it's suitability ended a array of in commission circumstances, but my at the initiation impressions are extremely skilled. The peddler seems to be keen to do no matter what it takes to get on to for an water supply-informed and pleased consumer. Extremely pleased.
- amztim

My applications demand +/-1F precision, so after tiresome out the DHT-11, I resolute to go with the DHT-22 which, agreed limited difficult, appear to provide with the intention of much or better suitability (hostile to a laboratory calibrated mercury thermometer) and precision pro a few dollars extra. In any case you get the damp terrified in pro free which can be extremely helpful. Unadorned programing pro damp disparate some additional manufacturers. Temperature conversions are measured on the diplomacy of seconds after a ask for, save pro this is extra than adequate pro all save pro the most esoteric applications.
- Michael J. Tria

This feeler was very easy to use and the built-in directions made it very clear on how to join it to the Arduino micro controller. The only thing I don't like is that the feeler is very inaccurate. I would urge you to get a more true feeler if you want an true love.
- Rashed Iqbal

This is an excellent value on a compact feeler. Besides the included documentation, the genuine customer service was a pleasant surprise. Which, proves the point that great service is just a matter of doing it. The shipping was quick, the enthusiasm by Virtuabotix to get on to dealing with them was exceptional. No excuses, no nonsense. Oh, the product performed as advertised aptly made known of the wrap. Thanks for providing me with a grin.
- E.Valuator

The "Virtualbotix" DHT11 worked flawlessly after following Ladyada's directions at Adafruit for integration with the Arduino platform. I downloaded and slightly edited the libraries as well as wrote my own sketch based on my needs. I purchased this item on a whim via Amazon. While this product is commercially available at many uncommon seats, not all distributors / sellers of IC's do a good job of QC'ing their products and following up with their customers. I was impressed with personal communication I expected from one of the principals of the establishment (Virtualbotix, the American corporation which brands this feeler) when I had a concern.My overall opinion? A great device that works exactly as intended in my fastidious application. While there is a great proliferation of microcontrollers, IC's and MCU accessories in the Amazon marketplace, companies like Virtualbotix have managed to place a passionate grasp on delivering feature IC's from the East to customers in the West. Feature comes at a very marginal price considering all the hassles of read-through, inspecting, and delivering IC's from overseas. Great job Amazon commercial, great job Amazon on the shipping!Great packaging by the way!
- W. Moncure

This is such a widely used sensor that it's somewhat silly not to have a few in your arsenal if you're a tinkerer/hobbiest including an interest in climate monitoring of any rank. I can't speak frankly to accuracy, however it is certainly accurate enough to meet my needs. It's plenty useful for a quick watch of the temp/humidity.
- Eric Johnson

Splendid manufactured goods, splendid and at approximately calculate ago style of language. Real readings. Straightforward to complex and aid. It took me release a release only any outline to get on to it all effective including my Arduino on my breadboard. No conundrum release a 5k influence up resistor looked-for on pin 2 keep pro, including the intention of is habitual. The pins aren't manifest so admit including the intention of if you call it including the labeled feature dead early you and pins not effective (only be fond of in the depiction at this calculate on Amazon) including the intention of pin #1 is on the far away gone. Pin #3 is unused. Quest pro "dht11 arduino" in your pet quest engine or go to the foremost arduino locate.I liked the writeup at: arduino dot cc slash playground slash foremost slash DHTLibthere is a caution pro the DHT11 facts page by the feature of including approximately skilled in rank.This hold saved me a allocation of calculate and cash by rolling in cooperation do fleeting bring about and damp into this lone tiny IC wrap.
- Rice-a-roni - The San Francisco Treat

Bought this for monitoring green house do temporary work/damp. The fee is right, but the feeler is not above all real, especially with damp. This was OK for my use but if you want precision, spend a few extra dollars and get a DHT22. Also, I would have ideal tinned leads or a beefier connector, I soldered to the pins of this and found the pins to be very soft/thin plated copper, could break easily and do not fit solidly in a .100 4-pin socket because they are so thin.
- N. Utzig

The device comes in a nice package and the firmware from the site for the Arduino is a good place to commence to verify device surgical procedure. The firmware does work but requires you to have some appreciative of the Arduino logic (not Virtuabotix flaw). If you want true measurements, the DHT11 in the Arduino need to be corrected (software mod) for both temperature and humidity (a long process in a proscribed background).
- David F. Amos

I have not had a chance to use my DHT11 yet. It did arrive in perfect condition though. This review is more for Virtuabotix's exposure and item descriptions. I would buy this product over again just since of how awesome the packaging labels are. These are some truly creative broadcast. I can't wait to buy more of their harvest so I can see what else they have come up with.They included a picture of an Arduino with affect drawn directly to the pins that work with their demo library. They also give reasons for what each line is. This is much nicer than some of the radio shack parts I've bought that only have a product number on them. The sensor feels well constructed, and has the superfluous plus of in fact looking like a sensor.Ok it is meeting in a breadboard now so I must go. Buy it!Update 3/30/2012 (a few days later)Well, I have bad news...This business worked impeccably and did just so what I looked-for it to. That earnings I'm vacant to have to buy a bunch more to finish my grand project. Opportunely they are low-cost so I won't go any more bankrupt than I already am.The sensor was very easy to set up. Three wires and I was equipped to go. They urge using a 5k resistor but I wasn't completely sure from reading the diagram where it was supposed to go (I'm still learning the reading diagrams part of equipment).In my testing it reported the same temp as the digital thermometer I had meeting next to it. It intelligence the temp to reasonably a few noteworthy digits (i.e. 75.1230548 or so). It is insightful sufficient that it reported a temp and humidity change just from me breathing on it once.The Library that came with the product is well on paper and easy to be with you. I had the demo sketch up and running in just a few minutes (I used an Adruino Uno). In fact, the only conundrum I in the least had in the entire process is that the run monitor I was using wasn't at the bottom of unicode so the Celsius and Fahrenheit symbols were appearance out scrambled. I just swapped them out in the code (very easy to find the right place) and put in the full terms instead.
- Jeff Feely "I'm not signing anything"


Virtuabotix DHT11 Digital Temperature/Humidity Sensor

Description: Exhausted of being compensated gray metal poisoning early waving thermometers almost?Through gauging damp by the calculate it takes for your tongue to dried made known as you wave it wildly through the air? If you answered no problem to any of these questions then this is the product for you. The DHT11 is a robust modest lone-line contrivance including the intention of can rank in cooperation temperature and damp. Technical Specifications: Effective Voltage : 3.5 to 5V(DC) Lone Line Contrivance Temperature Range: 0 to 50 °C (32 to 122 °F) Temperature Precision: +/- 2% Damp Range: 20% to 95% Damp Precision: +/- 5% Package Surrounded by: DHT11 Ultrasonic Module Pin-made known and Instruction Notes Arduino Store Facial appearance: DHT11 Point (easy config) Built in unit conversions (°C/°F/°K) Built in Dew Top Calculations (Ordinary, and At once) • Easy to aid examples





No comments:

Post a Comment